Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No way!

In the last couple of weeks, we've had yet more changes. Last week, Morgen started preschool! She goes 5 days a week in the mornings, and she seems to be adjusting well. She's less upset each day when I drop her off, though by the end of the day, she's pretty tired and fussy. I hope to see her adjust more and more in the coming weeks. Her teacher is wonderful, and she seems to be having fun when I pick her up, so that's highly motivating!

The last two days this week, which were her 5th and 6th days attending the school, Morgen didn't cry at all. She helped hang her coat and give her lunch box to her teacher, and then she closed the door on me! She's really funny about order right now. She's very detail oriented and process oriented - way more than me. (For those about to challenge me - I like to define process, but I'm not so good at following it...)

At home, every time we leave a room, she closes the door. I've done this since she started walking to keep her out of rooms that I didn't want her to get into, and now that she can reach the door handles, she does it for me. Funny thing is that she often doesn't open doors that she's not supposed to despite the fact that she's capable of doing so. That's changing more and more, so I see the pantry getting rearranged fairly soon...

Another new word for Morgen is "uh-oh." It's a common phrase for anything that falls – intentional or not. She's also saying "No way!" a lot. I could do without that one, but we, of course, laughed our fool heads off when she first started saying it, so now it's quite embedded. *sigh*

Despite the fact that I don't write about her as much, Liv is very much a part of our lives. Morgen kisses the baby, and hugs the baby (yes, belly) throughout the day, and we had a sonogram to see her again last week. My belly was measuring a couple of weeks small (go figure!). Turns out, she's about a week behind, but that's about where she was at 20 weeks, too. She's still within a reasonable range (39%), so no one's worried. Her head is above average, so that's my only concern. Heh. Damn Norwegian heads.

On a different note, I will say a tearful goodbye to my daily driving buddy, the Lexus ES300. After 15 years of service (only 5 with us), she's going to retire to part-time use. We found a great deal on a used Land Rover LR3 at Carmax. I can't say enough great things about Barah, who was our sales person at the North Austin location. She has amazing car knowledge and was great to work with. And yea for side curtain air bags all the way back, and a third row seat!!

Okay...pictures in the next post...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats to Morgen! Sounds like she's adjusting very well to school. Also, Land Rover .. you ballers!