Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wow

Evidently I say "Wow" a lot. Morgen now says it a lot. In context. Like, when she saw a really cool pink and purple toddler "motorcycle" at the park yesterday. She said it multiple times with awe in her voice. This girl is funny.

I failed to mention her first hair cut in my last post. It was really just a trim, but we got pics (and a "curl"). Thanks to Jen for her creativity and patience!!

Before:


During:


After:


I've been under the weather for a couple of days - not so sick that I feel the need to call in all possible reinforcements but tired and icky. If I'm reading her right, Morgen isn't feeling well either. She was super clingy today and FELL ASLEEP on my lap this morning. That hasn't happened since she was an infant. It was crazy. I almost took a nap with her there on my lap but decided that we'd both sleep better if I put her in her bed. Sadly, she slept for 45 minutes and that was it for the day. She spent her regular naptime playing in her room, which still gave me a break but meant that I didn't take a nap - I'm not that comfortable with how childproofed her room is...

Jeff and Melissa will finish painting Morgen's room this weekend - the stripes and trim (pictures next week), and the furniture should arrive next week. Here's hoping that Morgen actually likes the new room and wants to move into it. If not, we'll figure something out, but it would make things a bit easier. Last weekend Brayden (Melissa's munchkin) napped in Morgen's crib, and she got upset when he woke up and fussed. Was she upset because he was fussing? Or because he was in her crib? Hard to tell, but we're really talking up the new baby and reading a lot about being a big sister, etc. She's consequently really focused on babies right now and seems to feel positively towards them...save the Brayden crib encounter. :) I don't have a lot of energy to worry about...well, anything this time around, so I figure we'll deal with whatever comes up once the baby arrives.

I had a bit of a shock today when I realized that I'm close to six weeks from my due date. Something about six seems a lot closer than seven. I guess the fact that I could go in to labor in the next three or four weeks. I'm going to assume that I'm in for the long haul again but will have a bag packed and the car seat ready just in case. I guess we'd better get on that whole new car thing - yikes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My cousin started calling her father by his first name after her baby sister was born. For a while she refused to call him daddy. Now she is a freshmen at Tech!

Kim said...

Morgen looks maaarvelous with her new 'do. Keep us posted on your progress, mama.