Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ridiculous

Seriously, if I have contractions for 3 weeks before giving birth, I will be quite grumpy by the time this little girl comes out. Since last night around 7pm, I've had contractions for more of my waking time than not. Not "can't-talk-sweat-breaking-out-curl-up-in-a-ball" contractions, but enough to take my breath away. This latest set started about 40 minutes ago. Perhaps it's time to start timing them? The thing is, at this point, if you call the doc, in my experience, you're headed to L&D to get checked out. That's how we ended up going a few extra times with Morgen. I had contractions for ages before I showed any signs of progress. Perhaps I should reread my notes from that time...I do remember that I had many cases of 4-1-1 (contractions every four minutes, lasting a minute, for an hour), but the intensity wasn't there.

Poor Morgen, by the way. Her teething is horrid right now. She is gnawing her pacifiers into pieces. This morning I bought a ridged, raspberry shaped paci that's meant for teething and a ring for the freezer, so I hope those help. This is by far her worst teething experience to date. She had pools of drool on her sheets this morning, and (gasp!) she's not eating much.

We had a great photo shoot over the weekend with Rita Quinn (www.ritaquinn.com). A few samples are on her blog. My favs so far are the "LIV" blocks, Jeff and I holding hands with the belly between us, and Morgen beating the drum with all she's got. Thanks, Rita! Can't wait for the rest!

I have the picture of Morgen that's currently on the site as my laptop background - it makes me grin every time I see it, but I'm amazed at how much she changes and how quickly!

Naptime for me!

No comments: