Today sucked. I rarely have days when I just don't know how I'm going to make it, but today...I was ready to start calling in reinforcements.
Morgen woke up with a fever on Wednesday. So, we missed Stroller Fit (SF) and a playdate. Thursday, still sick. My Mom came in the afternoon, and Jeff and I went to a school tour, and Morgen took at 3 hour nap. Clearly, I should have seen that as a karma deficit.
Today, I had to wake Morgen to get to her 15 month check up in time. And so it began. She was fussy but not inordinately so. She was busy in the doctor's office, but that's normal. Then came the shots. Jeff took her to the car while I checked out, and it took the entire time for her to calm down. As far as I can tell, she was mad as much as anything. That became the theme for today. She pushed limits ALL DAY. I can't even tell you how many times we had time out (which we only do for dangerous things - sockets, the fireplace, and putting things into our mouths which do not below there and could choke us).
Jeff came home early, BUT he's sick, so he went straight to bed. We skipped today's playdate so as not to infect others. And Mommy learned:
(a) a mid-afternoon bath can help you kill up to 30 minutes
(b) the leap frog toy that sings [though annoying] can entertain Morgen for far longer than you'd think
(c) looking at pictures on Mommy's phone allows our young narcissist to hug herself many, many times; she enjoyed this so much that we did it 3 times - yes, this is a girl who loves herself
(d) i can survive, even if it means putting Morgen to bed 30 minutes early (she was rubbing her eyes an hour before bedtime!); I'll probably be cursing that decision in the AM, but for now I'll sit back with my mockito (mojito minus the liquor - don't ask) and read in the quiet that is my house.
I'll likely be in bed by 8pm based on how exhausted I feel and how much sugar is in a mockito. But I made it, and her fever was gone this morning, so we can leave the house without great fear of infecting others (from afar, at least). *sigh*
How today would have gone with two little ones is too overwhelming to think about right now. Must work on convincing mother to retire 6 months earlier... ;)
Happy Friday. Gobama.
1 comment:
Um, are you trying to make me nervous?? I thought parenting was nice and easy.... Hang in there ;)
Post a Comment