For whatever reason, I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions since Sunday. I had a few on Sunday, a few on Monday, and then had them from about 1pm until about 2pm on Tuesday. Heck, I figured, Morgen's asleep, I'll call the doctor just to make sure. I talked to Nurse Linda, and she told me that Dr. Doss was in surgery but would call her when he got out and checked in. Then she'd call me back, but she said that she thought it was reason for further discussion and not normal. Ooookay.
So, she calls back and says that Dr. Doss would like me to go ahead (here I think she's going to say "and come in to their office") to Labor and Delivery to get checked out. Wha? Okay. I'm calm. No, I'm not calm at all. And Morgen wakes up at the moment that I'm freaking out. Sheesh. Okay, I'm calm again. This is just a precaution. Remember how many times you had early contractions last time, Crazy Pregnant Lady?! So, I call my mom who comes each Tuesday to see if she can come a little early. She can. Good. I get Morgen up, change her diaper, and she's in full meltdown (maybe I wasn't as calm as I thought?). After 15 minutes, she's finally calm enough to drink some water and eat a couple of goldfish, but her face was mottled and puffy from crying. Why? No clue. Poor kiddo. Grandma shows up just in time, and Morgen is ecstatic. She's clingy and a little fussy just as I leave but evidently just for my benefit since she was an angel for my mom. (Stinker.) Okay, off to L&D.
I arrive and get hooked up and conveniently have a "contraction." The nurse checks my belly and lets me know that it doesn't feel like a contraction. Great. Anyway, after an hour of monitoring, Nurse Jamie and Nurse Polly (who was there for our non-starter C-Section and Morgen's eventual birth) take a few tests for dehydration, UTI, and Fetal fibronectin (fFN). (fFN is a protein that can indicate a likelihood of preterm labor.) Within an hour, the lab came through with negative results for each test, so we went home. (We did learn that we can request our favorite nurses if they're there.)
I saw Dr. Doss Wednesday morning, and he checked that my cervix was in the right state and position (far away and closed), and he listened to Liv's heart. All good again. We'll have a sono next week to make sure my cervix isn't funneling. I'm still looking into what that really means, but the doctor didn't indicate much urgency, so I'm guessing it's not likely.
Ultimately, my doc said to cut back on the exercise (just walking for now = no Stroller Fit). Morgen went for 41 weeks, and there aren't any signs that Liv will try to arrive early, but he's very conservative (which I appreciate since I tend not to be). All and all, a little freaky but no worries.
Quick Morgen funny: this morning, since we weren't headed to Stroller Fit and sure as heck weren't planning to go walking in 32 degree weather, we went to get my tires rotated. On the way home, we were listening to a kiddo CD that has nursery rhymes on it. "Are you sleeping, Brother John" came on and near the end, Morgen was signing for more (loudly enough that I got the message without seeing her). Okay, I replayed it. She did that the rest of the way home! And, she said ding, ding, dong (well, sortof). She's started repeating more words and seems to be saying Hel[p], Mo[re], and Dow[n] but not with any consistency.
Time for a nap for Mommy while Morgen sleeps away.
No comments:
Post a Comment