Sunday, August 23, 2009

Funny Firsts

Yesterday was Liv's first swim, and she was less than impressed. The water was a little cooler than it has been, so she was pretty mad about that from the start, and she didn't get any happier. I didn't get pics since we each had a kiddo in the pool but next time there's a chance to get a camera in dry hands, we'll get her on "film."

Morgen's funny first for last night was to take her diaper off and go pee-pee all by herself. Unfortunately, she couldn't actually get to the potty since we have a gate up in her room. We'll have to rethink that since she's showing such initiative. At minimum we'll slow down on the liquids before bed.

Morgen was up a few times between 5:30am and 6:30am due to the potty incident, so Mommy got up when Liv started stirring at 6:30am, and Daddy got a little more sleep. Morgen has a new set of blocks, so she was entertained the whole time Mommy nursed, changed Liv's diaper, and then some! I love the blocks and the Toy Depot on S. Lamar where we got them! (A huge plastic bag - think of the bags that holds a quilt/comforter/mattress pad - of megablocks for $25. They had lots of great toys that were well-priced.)

I have posted a few more pics on facebook (album misc 2009), but they'll be added to kodakgallery with a link here soonish. We're having issues with AT&T's connectivity out here, so Timewarner or Cricket may get our business soon. *sigh*

Ta!
asl

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so proud of Morgen. She's a potty-pro. Does she have any pointers to share with her friend?

Unknown said...

Hi Amy, it was nice to mee you today at school. My info is below. I look forward to getting to know you and Morgen better.

My 3 week old is Neve (as in Neve Campbell)...funny the name Liv was on my list. I love that name.

See you during the week!

Jackie Jansen
jackiejansen@gmail.com
708-359-3506