After the walk and some brunch, Liv was cooing and talking and she laughed repeatedly for the first real time. She's chuckled a time or two, but this time she truly laughed and then laughed again in response to me (and Ellen and Bennett) laughing. I didn't have the camera handy, but I'll catch it sooner rather than later I hope.
Morgen's grandma got her a set of new "hairbows," which are indeed actual bows for her hair (as opposed to clips or elastics or bobby pins, all of which fall into the category of "hairbow" currently). I have a cute pic of her wearing ALL of them at once this afternoon, and I'll post that in a bit.
Our nighttime routine for Morgen usually includes bath, stories, and songs (well, Mommy sings songs). The songs include a silly one that I made up to the tune of "We love you, Conrad" from Bye Bye, Birdie and our version of "Hello, Everybody" from Music Together. We sing:
"Night-night to . It's been such a fun day." and wrap up with
"Night-night to . It's time to go to sleep."
Well, after some expected responses for the first line (e.g., "mama" - Grandma, "papa" - Grandpa, "kitty" - their cat, "woof-woof" - their dog, Audrey - M's cousin), Morgen points to my elbow and says what else but "elbow." From then on we said goodnight to various other folks and their elbows. Sometimes both elbows. Then we had really big hugs. :)
asl
No comments:
Post a Comment