Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Morgen the Parrot

Morgen seems to have made a developmental leap in the last week or so. She's saying more words, listening more, and repeating nearly everything she hears! Example: I picked M up from pre-school about a little bit ago, and we picked up today's artwork - a painting made using straws. There were some big blobs of paint that weren't quite dry, so...she stuck her finger right on in the paint. "Oh, goodness!" I exclaimed, trying to be as cheery as I imaging Mary Poppins might have been. Little Bit turned to me, and repeated it quite clearly, entertaining Ms. Viktoria, as well as Mommy.

Morgen is swimming a ton and showing that she truly behaves differently for Mom vs. Dad. She's much braver with Dad. I like that she has both examples - caution and courage - but don't like that I represent the boring side of things. Of course, it's true that Jeff is much more of a risk taker, so it is what it is. :)

Liv has been playing with her fists a lot but also seems to be starting to understand that she has fingers. There's still a lot of experimenting with moving her hands closer and further away from her face, and she's starting to grab objects (with varied success in actually getting them). She pulled a car seat toy to her mouth and sucked on it a bit yesterday in the grocery store. I need to catch up on my reading about her development since she's changing so fast! She's 12 weeks old already!!

We've been having good family time in the back yard (swimming and eating dinner on the patio), and I'm just starting to see what it'll be like when Liv gets a little older. So fun!!

Both girls are asleep, so it's Mommy time!

Today's mantra - I will not fall in love with Ellen and Will's minivan, no matter how comfortable and convenient it is. I will not... :)


No comments: