Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Where'd July go?

I can't believe it's been a month since I posted! The good news is that I now have a netbook after 3+ months of being computerless. I feel so much less isolated. I'm easing my way back into things but loving the flexibility and portability of my less than 3 pound machine!! Oh, and it's pink. :) I got a Dell Mini 10v and bought it (previously purchased new) from the Outlet site.

Okay, the girls - that's really what folks care about, right?

Liv is amazing. She's almost 3 calendar months old (11 weeks?), and she found her hands this week and is talking up a storm! She was getting more control over her hands last week but has been watching them closely this week. She's spending a lot of time crossing her wrists in front of her and occasionally showing her lack of depth perception by hitting herself in the face/head. As for the talking, her coos are so darn cute! She's a smiley baby - started that around 6 weeks, I think. (Sorry, Liv, I'll be better with your development milestones from now on since I have a computere again!!)

What else? She eats like a champ every 3ish hours. She had her first bottle last week, and is not thrilled about it. She had another one yesterday, but she cried a lot first, and my mom was fairly traumatized by it. Liv eventually took the milk, but she made it clear that she was mad, mad, mad! Oh, and I should have learned not to speak of such things, but I will say that Liv started sleeping about 11-12 hours / night last weekend. She skipped two nights and got up at 4am for a quick feeding last week while she was having a growth spurt. So glad Liv inherited Daddy's sleep habits like her big sister!

Last note about Liv - seems she was likely trying to fake Mommy out with the old red hair at birth thing. Looks like hers is getting darker like Morgen's did. Her eyes are still blue, and her 7 week pics look a TON like Morgens around the same age. Twins the hard way? We'll see. Heh.

Morgen still LOVES her baby sister and is very helpful, but the green monster is rearing its ugly head a bit more. I won't spend time on those details today, as there are too many really fun things to write about.

Morgen continues to amaze and entertain. She's so darn funny!! Sometime last month her class studied dinosaurs and fossils; they made magnets from plaster in dino shapes (that they molded themselves, of course). She chose orange and purple for her paint colors and still likes to tell me (and anyone who will listen) that "I paint!" the dino.

Another cute school story...her teacher, Ms. Viktoria, was setting up the calendar with the class, and there was counting involved. Ms. Viktoria paused afterr 7...and Morgen said 8! She had been to the dentist that morning, and when we were looking at the fish, I started counting...1...2...and Morgen interjected with 8...9... I guess she has favorite numbers.

She definitely has favorite shoes! She got some new keds and some new bright pink shoes with velcro. Neither require socks, as it's hotter than heck right now, and she's doing a good job of keeping them on her feet. Which is not always true with shoes that have velcro... She's also keeping a bow in her hair more and more. She's worn one two days this week - it makes her look like such a big girl and gives her face and hair such a different look. So fun.

Some favorite activities around the house right now include hiding behind closed doors (inside or out in dark or light rooms) and swimming. The pool is well-shaded after about 4pm, and we've gone out as a family a couple of evenings after Jeff's gotten home from work. It's been really fun and tuckers Morgen right out. Though...

Sleep is interesting right now. Morgen takes about an hour to calm herself. More on that later. Liv would like some attention now since her sister is sleeping. More soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hold the phone. Are you saying she is sleeping 12 hours without eating? If so, I wish I could say that's great but I am so jealous I just can't make myself say it :)