If you don't want to read my whining, you might just want to skip this post; though, you might miss some cute stuff, too...
I'll throw in one cute thing for those who read this far...Morgen's sleep has been a bit off this week - e.g., getting in bed about half an hour late and going to sleep 30-90 minutes late. There are various reasons, but the part that matters is what she's doing while she's awake. Most nights, she sits in bed and looks at books. Then, when she's done and ready to go to sleep, she's essentially asked to be tucked in twice this week. She comes to the door, opens it, and calls for us. She's holding the quilt that we use to cover her. She'll get in bed, lay down, and wait for you to put the quilt on her (completely covering her head). It's so darn cute!! Sometimes, she even gives neck hugs (arms wrapped around your neck with pats for good measure) and kisses (complete with a grab of your face with both hands on your cheeks). This girl steals my heart every day.
Whining begins. Contractions / cramps continued this week, and we called the doctor for the second time last night. I had fairly intense contractions 7-8 minutes apart for 30 minutes. Then they became more intense and got closer together. After an hour we checked in with the on call doc, who asked questions about my last delivery experience (how long was labor? ~12 hours) and my last doc appointment (cervix showing NO signs of anything as of Friday). Based on that, she suggested waiting until the contractions were 4 minutes apart for 30 minutes and really taking my breath away. After an hour and half during which I sat, walked, showered, stretched, drank 3-4 glasses of water, and laid on my side, the contractions stopped suddenly. I don't mind the fact that I'm likely to go full term, but I am so over the contractions. Chill out, Uterus!! Whining complete.
Morgen has really stepped up the talking this week, too. She's repeating words, or at least word sounds, and she's saying a lot of words that she's only signed until recently. It's really fun to hear her express herself more. She's also been mellow the last couple of days, which has been nice considering the teething that's been causing her to be a bit less than fun at times this week. I'd like to say that I'm full of energy and having a ball as my pregnancy draws to a close, but I'm tired and somewhat short-tempered. :( Thank goodness that both sets of Morgen's grandparents are around and helping quite a bit - y'all rock!
I had predicted May 2 as Liv's birth date because I liked the idea that her birthday would be a week before mine like Morgen's is a week before Jeff's, but that clearly didn't happen. Perhaps Liv will join us on the 9th and share a birthday with her mom, her grandpa, and her Uncle Mike? We shall see...
My friend Sam came over today for a sewing date. We made diaper bags (big enough to hold stuff for two kiddos), and it was a ball. I have realized that I'm only good for 2-2.5 hours at a time, and it took about 4 to truly finish. After 2 hours, I tend to get a bit more reckless and less likely to pin or iron or take as much care as I should. But I'm pleased with the bag and will post a picture at some point.
Rita updated our pics, so you can check out http://www.ritaquinn.com/ . Scroll to the bottom and look for my name on the left.
14 days until Liv will be extracted one way or another...Kasi's note to their baby Cora before her "eviction" is priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment