For various reasons, we did not post again from the hospital, but we're home and getting settled, so here are the facts!
Liv Rowan Lovaas
Born Saturday, 5/16 at 6:34am
19 inches long and 7 pounds 1 ounce
She has some [dare I call it red?] peach fuzz, and her eyes are dark blue-gray (?). She's been deemed healthy and hasn't had any major complications to date. She had her tummy cleaned out (she was spitting up some mucus and "something else"), which indicated a bit more mucus and air were causing some discomfort.
She had a bit of trouble with spitting up night before last and yesterday, and, after talking to our doc, she suspected Liv could be overfeeding. I reduced the amount I was nursing her, and the spitting up has stopped. The feedings have increased, which was a bummer last night, but that might have happened anyway as she was adjusting.
Big sister Morgen is back home after staying with Grandma and Grandpa Shook from Friday afternoon through Tuesday morning. She was a bit fussy when she got up from her nap yesterday and is reportedly testing limits at school, but that was true the whole week before Liv arrived. Yesterday Morgen held Liv for the first time, which was very sweet. I'll post a couple of pics and a video. Evidently she also asked Daddy about Mommy and Baby first thing this morning. So far she sees the Baby as a positive, it seems, and not as the enemy. Jeff will be available in the afternoons for at least 2 weeks, so he and I can each focus on one child during that time. We're hoping that'll help Morgen feel less like she's losing out with the baby's arrival.
When I post pics later, I'll also summarize the birth experience (without too many details!), but Liv is awake, so I'm off. Hugs to all.
2 comments:
CONGRATS! Wow, wonderful name! Love it. I can't wait to hear all the details and see you all. FYI I had a basket of "stuff" for Sarah that I took down from the closet whenever I was nursing Emily and that kept Sarah happy/busy while I nursed. Stuff she didn't have all the time gave her something to focus on besides mommy. Take Care! Hope to see you all soon.
Happy news! Congrats Amy, Jeff, and Morgen.
Post a Comment