Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's a girl!

So, the sonogram showed an active, healthy baby girl! I'm excited for Morgen to have a sister so close in age. Baby Girl has been kicking a lot over the last two weeks, and Jeff got to feel her yesterday for the first time (20 weeks, 1 day). We'll likely call her Liv and are still discussing the middle name options. Will there be a third? Perhaps. We'll have to see how we handle two, and since I can hardly conceive of that right now...well, I'm glad that Cousin Kari is going to have two with the same age difference as of next week! We'll learn from her experiences, as we did the first time around.

Morgen has added some new signs to her vocabulary:

- "milk" is definitely in place, and she asks for it at least 5 times / day
- "down" is used often (as in down from the changing table or down from the high chair when she's done eating)
- "up" is new as of yesterday (as in pick me up)
- she also shrugs the way I do, but I'm not sure why, and she "gives five"

Rich and Cathy showered Morgen with Christmas gifts - clothes, books, and toys. She's really enjoying those that we've given to her so far...trying to spread out the entertainment over a few weeks.

Last week my Mom found a tiny broom and dust pan after I told her about Morgen trying to use the big broom. Lil' bit went to the cabinet in the laundry room to get the broom today and swept for a bit. Now if Jeff can just teach her to wash the car and mow the lawn! ;)

I just went through some older pictures that never made it onto Kodak Gallery; there's a lot to wade through, but you can expect some flashbacks in the coming weeks - so funny to see M so rolly polly and with so little hair!

Morgen seems to be on the recovering end of her cold, and mine appears to be peaking. Perhaps next week will be a bit more mellow.

Happy Holidays to all.
asl

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Right now my two girls are playing with the remote control helicopters "Santa" gave them. Santa got one for himself too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Right now my two girls are playing with the remote control helicopters "Santa" gave them. Santa got one for himself too.