Morgen was "helping" me with the laundry today, and she happened to see the broom in the laundry room. She grabbed it and proceeded to drag it allllll over the house "sweeping." It was fabulous! I'm on the lookout for a mini broom and mop now, so that I can get more done during her awake time.
We saw a presentation on the montessori method last night and learned quite a bit. One interesting thing was how what we think of as chores seem fun to kids and why. It's like magic to little ones when we fold a shirt, for example. We move the shirt around and Poof! It's folded. The classroom was amazing, and we're pretty sold on the method for pre-school. We'll tour the younger kids classroom in the next few weeks to see if it's as impressive as the 3-6 year old room.
2 comments:
Amy - come tour my preschool!!
shoot me your email and I will fill you in.
I'm interested in preschool options too! You'll have to tell me more about this Montessori stuff.
Post a Comment