Friday, December 19, 2008

You're the one that I want...hoo hoo hoo

Last weekend my Mom, my niece Kara, and I went to NYC for Kara's 15th birthday trip (something my parents have done with each grandchild). It was a whirlwind tour of Manhattan including a trip to Ellis Island, tours of the holiday lights around the city, downtown, and uptown. We ate some fabulous food (thanks, James!) and made a few purchases (purse/diaper bag (thanks, Mom!), replacement hat, scarf, and gloves (thanks to my forgetfulness).

It was also Jeff's first time alone for Morgen for more than a few hours. (I missed her but managed not to call or text more than 1-2 times / day.) He was a rockstar. She was not only alive and well upon my return but showed no real signs of trauma. As a matter of fact, she's even more of a Daddy's girl than when I left. Ah, well. Such is life. I just figured she'd be slightly older when she showed clear favor. Guess we'll have to keep trying till we have a boy! Speaking of, we'll find out on Tuesday if Baby cooperates.

We flew in Tuesday night (after a bit of snow and a many hour equipment delay). Wednesday morning, I came down with a stomach bug and am just feeling normal again (Friday evening) though still really wiped out. Sadly, Morgen was clearly not feeling well on Wednesday either. She had a fever and congestion and a bit of a cough. Looks like she has a cold, as her fever has subsided, but she's still snotty and coughing quite a bit. Let's hope for a healthier week next week!

That's all for today. Lame, I know.

No comments: