Friday, August 29, 2008

Recent funny things

Morgen has done a few funny things in recent days:

Morgen started blowing bubbles with her saliva - not rasperries but big, bubblegum like bubbles.

I think she signed eat - she put her hand to her mouth twice and then grunted at me.

She was playing with her picture cards and handing them to me. After a while, she handed me a card with grapes on it, and I added it to the pile. She got it again and handed it to me and then started whining a little. I asked if she wanted to eat, and, it may have been my imagination, but I think she was thinking, "Duh. Mom. I'm not handing you this card for entertainment!" ;)

She's "helping" us pack the house. I have a short box that she puts things into (usually clean laundry or her toys), climbs into, takes everything out of, and then climbs out of. Rinse, lather, repeat. This is many minutes of entertainment. Anything that takes up > 5 minutes is a winning activity.

She's been hugging us for a couple of weeks now, and that's been soooo sweet. Today, she also leaned toward her crib as we walked by, so I picked up her paci. She took it and put it in her mouth and put her head on my shoulder. Very sweet. Of course, I thought she might want to lay down for a little nap, and I was sorely mistaken. She's much more clear about not wanting to nap.

Meliss visited with Brayden today (4 weeks old - could Morgen have really been that little??), and while I held the baby, Morgen was clearly displeased. First she whined and fussed, and then she tried to touch the baby. Once Meliss got her to play a bit Morgen chilled out, but it was interesting to see her reaction at this age.

We checked out a kiddo gym today - J.W. Tumbles - and Morgen really enjoyed being able to crawl anywhere and "play" with some other babies. It's near the new house, so I think we'll take a class there to help get some of that energy out of her little body.

On the not so funny front, Morgen has given up one nap. Mommy misses it. A lot. But she's going to sleep at 6:30 and sleeping for 12 and a little bit hours. Her one nap is usually 2ish, so I guess I can't complain. But I want to.

Also, I have been in some pain in the last few days - ribs out of place. Sheesh. What did people do before PTs? One of the noblest professions I know. Well, most useful at least. :)

TTFN.

No comments: