Friday, August 22, 2008

Random notes from the last month

So, I'm not sure when I wrote this, but here it is:

It’s been ages since I posted. I thought things would be more mellow this summer, but I was clearly mistaken. Here’s an attempt to catch up…

I started going to Stroller Fit about a month ago, and it’s great. The women are awesome, and the workout is easy to customize to various fitness levels (e.g., little to no exercise for the last year like me or kick butt like most of the gals there). Morgen seems to like it – she’s so into other babies! And she’s adjusting to the fact that half of the class is during what used to be nap time.
http://www.strollerfit.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=franchise.franchisePage&franchiseid=85CAE9B1-F323-87A7-A810B816095C8805

We had our 9 month appointment with nothing too exciting to report. She’s just over 19 pounds now! (Try 21 based on Rich and Cathy's scale as of yesterday!) No wonder I’m having trouble carrying her!

I took a knitting class at Craft-O-Rama with Beth, and it was great. It even motivated me to finish the baby kimono top I started February a year and a half ago. Woo hoo! Perhaps the zipper class will be next for me – then I can finish the dress that I started for Morgen. Well, when we move into the new house (!!!!), I’ll have room for a full-time sewing space, and more of the projects in my head can become realities.

Yes, Jeff and I bought a house. It’s not at all what I thought we’d buy, but there you have it. We will have a party in September after we move in – ready or not – since we didn’t ever have one here in South Austin (after THREE years). What about this house in South Austin, you ask? Well, it’s been on the market since Juneish (Things are all running together.), and we had an inspection today, and the inspection period is up on Sunday for the current offer. We also have someone very interested in making an offer if this one falls through, so we're feeling pretty good. I also met the couple that has the current contract, and they were really great - nice, fun, and seemed like folks that we'd want to have as neighbors.

Next post will hit our Georgia trip and my trip to Florida (see pictures in previous post).

No comments: