Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sniffles and Screams

Morgen has indeed embraced rolling as a form of entertainment and transportation. She consistently rolls from her back to her tummy and back, though mostly only on her left side. She's rolled once or twice to the right side, so I suspect that will become a common activity soon.

The screaming continues in various pitches and volumes. I miss cooing. :)

M. is starting to ooch a bit on her own. Jeff started a game with her a couple of months ago where he puts his hands at her feet, so she can push off. She can travel pretty far this way and actually used the floor to move a little yesterday.

The sniffles have set in, and we suspect that teething may be a factor. She's also drooling up a storm and chewing on everything she can get her hands on.

The latest "toy" is pretty funny. I took Morgen in to see if the baby was in the mirror (She was! Surprise! ;), and when she tired of that, she grabbed the shower curtain. It's a thick semi-opaque plastic with alternating blue and green ovals in rows. I held her so that her hands and feet were free, and she went to town! She grabbed with her hands, hugged, used her monkey toes to grab with her feet. It was great. I tried sitting on the edge of the tub, but M. arched her back and made it very clear that I was not following the rules. Leaning on the sink, however, is allowed.

I can't wait until she can fit into the harness of the jogging stroller. I miss my old clothes! (Still in the transitional items for now.) Pilates with Morgen and walking will suffice for now. Oh, and Jeff and I are going to start swimming again this week. Hooray!

No comments: