Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Road trip and Reunion

Miss Morgen went on her second road trip, and she seemed to handle it quite well. We went to Houston for a few days to visit friends and for some meetings for the business. Our biggest realization is that we're better off when we're not in the same room. She sleeps very well with a bit of buffer from noises.

Anyway, the trip was very nice overall. We had the chance to see Paul and Audra at their beautiful home in Pearland. They treated us to a homecooked meal and a lovely evening on their patio. Then, we spent Easter at Paul's parents' house with Paul, Audra, Paul's parents, and Paul's brother Steve's family. We had a ball. Great meal, great conversations, and birthday cake. What more could you ask for on a Sunday afternoon?

I was lucky to catch up with my childhood friend Melanie for lunch on Monday. She got to meet Morgen, which also gave me a bit of a break. :) It's amazing how easy it is to catch right back up with someone you've known nearly all of your life. We'll be going back to Houston at least one more time this year, and we'll catch up with Melanie's hubby Gary and son Carson.

As mentioned, I've been feeding Morgen every time I turn around, and it paid off last night. She slept from 6pm (down early due to the complete lack of afternoon nap) till the 10pm feeding and then until 4:45am!!! That's the longest she's gone in months. Then she went back down until 7:30am. (Really liking the 7:30am wake up over the 7am wake up - there's something about that extra half hour.) I was surprised at how long she slept because she seemed to be mellowing out with eating and not taking in quite as much in the way of solids. Perhaps the monster growth spurt is ending? Here's hoping that the sleep keeps increasing and the eating slows a bit.

We're not on a normal nap schedule yet. The timing has changed since we started feeding her so much, but it seems that 10am is our new morning nap time and that the afternoon nap is falling between 1-2pm. I'll keep monitoring and see if there's a theme or not. Could be that it'll vary from now on I guess.

I have to recommend my favorite drive thru - Baby Greens (www.ilovesalads.com). They have tasty wraps and salads that are reasonably priced and fast. It doesn't hurt that they're just down the street from our house either. :) New locations coming downtown and near the Arboretum.

I'll have more later about the family reunion, but I already got to visit with my brother Mike and niece Kara, as well as Aunt Barbara, Uncle Joe, and Gary. The whole family will descend upon the nursing home to see my Grandma Goodwin tomorrow, and we'll have a whole family BBQ on Sunday after my dad runs the Cap10k. Should be a great weekend!

TTFN.

No comments: