Thursday, March 12, 2009

Early to bed...early to rise

I've been trying to figure out how so many days have passed since I last posted. And I realized that I'm tired, damnit. I have a hard time using Morgen's naps as time to get work done - I'm too busy napping, reading something mindless, or eating (always with the eating!). Then in the evening, Jeff gets home, Morgen eats and Daddy gives her a bath (while Mommy does any remaining straightening), we read good night stories and spend 15-20 minutes on the going to sleep routine. Then Mommy collapses onto the sofa and eats and shortly thereafter falls asleep. I'm so exciting!

Turns out we have an option for preschool starting April 1, and we're taking it. Still working through the longer term plan, but if I don't get a little more rest from the Tasmanian Devil, we won't be ready for #2 to arrive.

Melissa is helping (well, doing most of the work) paint the study this weekend. We've been clearing it out this week, which has resulted in numerous organization projects. Jeff is an organizing machine, which is good given the first paragraph of ranting! Her furniture should be here any day, so the timing is perfect. We'll see what she thinks of her room and new bed (the current mattress actually up on a frame).

Morgen's latest funnies - she says something that sounds like "No way!" and is generally contextually appropriate. She's eating at the table, using her highchair more as a booster seat. She's drinking from a cup and using utensils really well - even her spoon with yogurt (when I make time for her to do it herself).

She continues to pee in the potty before her bath but not every day. She also seems to be getting the concept and sits on the potty regularly (clothed) but wants to "dump" the detachable potty part into the big potty each time (since that's what we do at bath time). She also likes to take her diaper off, but that usually ends in messiness.

A new activity for today - she was helping me take her dirty clothes to the laundry room and once there, she sat down with a pair of pj pants and started to put them on (over pants she was wearing). She successfully got two legs in one hole but had trouble when trying to stand. She let me show her the second leg and eventually managed to get each leg into its own hole. I wish I'd had a video - it was so fun.

Okay - Little Bit is napping, so I'd better lay down for a few...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Don't feel guilty about napping, mama needs her rest.