Oh, Morgen. You are truly a toddler. The biting has started. Only occasionally, but, damn, does it hurt. We're responding with a stern no and a time out. Last night she bit me, and it upset me so much that Jeff had to give her the time out. Then he brought her back to me to give me a hug, and she hugged me three or four times. She was really quiet and very cuddly for a few minutes (an eternity in Morgen time). I can't imagine how I'll handle big transgressions in the future. Sheesh.
My Mom watches M. in the afternoons on Tuesdays, and today I met my Dad at the Fiddler's Hearth on Barton Springs for some St. Patrick's Day entertainment. I got home during Morgen's supper, and she was really fascinated by the stamp on my hand from going into the bar. She whined until we figured out what she was trying to get (my hand), and then she pointed and touched the stamp. Oh, and the music was entertaining, and the fish and chips were yummy. :)
There's a whole process around poopy diaper changes now. (Stop now if you don't want to read the word poo at least 3 more times.) I change M. on the floor because it's easier on me than lifting her. We have a diaper changing pad in the bottom drawer of the changing table, and I usually keep one cloth diaper down there, so she can get it for me. When she needs (or sometimes wants) a diaper change, she gets the goods from the drawer, lays down, and waits for me to do the deed.
Well, once it's been done, I take poopy diapers into her bathroom for poo flushing. We wave bye-bye to the poo, and I put the diapers into the pail. In the last couple of days, Morgen has added a couple of additional steps to the process. After the byb-bye ceremony, she sits on her potty chair for a few moments, and then we have to dump the imaginary contents into the potty. Then she gets the seat that goes on the big potty (so she doesn't fall in) from the cabinet and puts it onto the big potty. She'll try to climb up there if I don't lift her right away, as I learned today. Then, I think she'd sit there all day (or until the tp ran out) if I didn't guard the tp roll. She usually manages to get a small piece of tp (must move the roll tomorrow), and either puts it straight into the toilet or "blows her nose" into it and then drops it into the potty. Then she's happy to get down and put the potty seat back into the cabinet. Whew. Perhaps I should be potty training more? Time to read up.
Night.
asl
No comments:
Post a Comment