Sunday, April 27, 2008

How many ways can I move without crawling?

So, in the last few weeks, Morgen has really gotten comfortable sitting. She can lean forward and get toys and sit back up now, and that's really made playing fun. Today, I set her toy crate on its side next to her, and she proceeded to go from seated to laying on her tummy, where she dug the toys out, rolled onto her back to play with one, rolled back onto her tummy to get another toy, rolled back onto her back to...you get the picture. It was great! I tried to get a picture of her body sticking out of the crate while she dug deeper for toys, but she had abandoned the game by the time I ran to the other room for the camera.

She has added to her transportation methods. In addition to the basic rolling, the roll combined with stomach pivot, and the backward ooch, Morgen has taken the rocking back and forth on her knees and added a lurch forward onto the tummy. I'll try to catch it on video, as it can be highly entertaining (by SAHM standards).

She's 7 months as of a few days ago, and her personality is pretty strong. She plays coy when she meets someone new by giggling and burying her head into the chest of the person holding her. But this doesn't last long enough to risk missing out on attention from a new person. She still doesn't worry about who's holding her, but she has started to notice when I leave the room. She seems most concerned, not if she's left alone, but if one or more other people are in the room when I leave.

Her awareness of her surroundings continues to increase. This morning, it started lightening then raining, then hailing (pea sized). She was nursing during the progression, and the lightening didn't really phase her, the raining was worth a pause, and a look, but the hail was worth stopping, and grabbing onto Mommy and looking worriedly at the window. We were sitting in the near-dark, so I turned on the light, but she still didn't seem comfortable with the noise the hail made on the window. She did go back to nursing, though.

I'll close this post with my favorite video to date:


No comments: