We had a great trip to Dallas last week! I was a little worried about invading Rich and Cathy's house for 5 days (I think the Shook family limit is about 3.5 days...pre-baby at least), but it was relaxing and very nice.
The first night, Cathy watched Morgen, and Jeff and I went to see the Wind Symphony (aka band) at the Meyerson (http://meyersonsymphonycenter.com/). It was highly enjoyable. We also randomly ran into Jeff's good friend Cam at the bar where we met Rich before the show. Pretty crazy since we were under the impression that Cam still lived in AZ. Surprise! He just moved back to Central Texas! We couldn't be happier!
While in Dallas, Cathy and I took M. to the mall, where she actually napped in the stroller for the first time! It was great to be out and about. Though, I paid for the walking a bit - I have a stress fracture in my foot, which has been pretty frustrating. The weather has been nice enough to be out and about walking any time of day, and I'm missing it! Summer will be here in full force before we know it, and I'm feeling a bit cooped up. Anyway, we also went to Cathy's gym in Frisco - gorgeous! It also reminded me that I need to get my butt in gear and rejoin a gym with childcare. Now that Morgen is able to sit up and is pretty darn social, I'm not too worried about leaving her in a gym childcare room. We tried it in Frisco, and she did really well. Though, we pushed it a little late, and she got fussy at the end. But she was hungry - I get fussy when I'm hungry, too. Fair enough.
Cathy showed us an approximation of the house they're going to move into in Sun City, Georgetown this summer - gorgeous and huge! It'll be nice to have both sets of grandparents so close.
We rounded out the Dallas visit (where Jeff actually worked most of the time and attended a conference) with dinner out without Morgen (thanks again to Cathy and Rich), pictures by Lindsay (look for those in a couple of weeks), and a visit to the Fort Worth Art Festival. It was HUGE and pretty warm, but we collected cards for some art that we really liked.
More from this week in the next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment