After much reading, I have a lot of ideas but haven't realized any great improvements so far. I did read an interesting article that explained that around 4 months, babies start to pay attention to things around them more and can lose interest in nursing early in a feed. I've certainly noticed that M. only focuses on nursing for 4-5 minutes before she starts looking around. I'm working on that (darker, quieter environment, etc.) and pumping to increase my supply.
I've been a bit lazy about the way we start the morning. When she wakes up between 6am and 7am, I've been nursing and putting her back down to keep sleeping. She wakes up after 1.5 to 2 hours, and I nurse again. Tomorrow when she wakes up, we're going to start our day and see if we can have a "normal" routine from the start. If so, that may help get us back on track. (Or this may be our new routine. I'm clearly not ready to let that be true. :)
Interesting site: www.kellymom.com
1 comment:
So I must admit that all of this is totally fascinating, at least from a socio-behavioral standpoint for me. :) Going to have to start reading your blog more often to give me more tips when the time comes for me.
On a side note, we just got your card - It's awesome! Cutie morgen pics and great update... Did you know that we went to Playa Del Carmen last year for our 1-year wedding anniversary? Let me know if you want tips!
Post a Comment