Thursday, January 24, 2008

Doc update

So...the good news is that eating every 2 hours is not actually out of the "normal" range. The bad news is that eating every 2 hours is not out of the "normal" range. :)

The actual good news is that M. ate every 3 hours today, so I'm feeling a little more sane. Her naps left a bit to be desired, but we were out and about to get to the doctor's office, and getting in and out of the car in this weather woke her (where she usually sleeps in transit).

Other news from the doc:
- She's 11 lbs and 23 inches
- My milk supply may have reduced since I stopped pumping in January. I'll start pumping in the morning again, which is good, since right now I have no extra milk and am not able to leave M. for more than a feeding cycle.
- She may have simply been going through a really long growth spurt
- Stress and lack of hydration can significantly impact milk supply; I am on strict orders to pamper myself (Well, she said relax and take care of myself ;)

So...we'll see how she handles tonight. Here's hoping for a bit more sleep than last night.

Oh, and the word is that 16 lbs is the sweet spot for sleeping through the night, so we've been sleeping on borrowed time up to this point!

Zzzzzzz....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Mom! I nursed both girls for a year and as much as it is rewarding it is also exhausting. Aidan turned me into the human pacifier and that is hard to break. Have you figured out how to nurse lying down in bed yet? Stacey