Status after today's visit to the doc:
25% effaced and still head down
Summary:
She could come at any time.
If she takes her time...
and hasn't arrived in a week, we'll have a biophysical profile done to make sure she's still moving and shaking. Then we'll visit the doc in the afternoon to see if there's been any progress (e.g. effacement / dilation). If I'm dilated 3 cm or more, and we can get it scheduled, we'll consider induction. Otherwise, we'll go back to the doc the following Monday and schedule an induction. In general, most woman deliver within 2 weeks of their due date (on either side), so I'm hoping that induction is unnecessary.
While picking up food from the Soup Peddler over lunch, I picked up the magic 8 ball and asked if the baby would come this week. The 8 ball said yes, but subsequent questions about today and tomorrow indicated no. I got my food at that point, so I didn't ask about Saturday or Sunday...damn fickle 8 ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment