So, Baby looks great. She's moving all over, and we (Mom and I) got to see her practice breathing. So cool! Her heartrate is good, and the amount of amniotic fluid is good, too. All and all, from what I understand this means that her environment (uterus, placenta, amniotic fluid, umbilical cord) is holding up well.
This is good news since I've made no progress since last week (i.e., still only partially effaced and not dilated). Back to the doctor on Monday, and he'll talk about plans for removing the child one way or another by end of the week.
Options include:
a) wait (hoping this one works out)
b) induce (if my cervix starts to soften and dilate)
c) c-section (if none of the above is an option by end of week)
All that being said (or written), I could still go into labor at any time in theory...good times!
I'm currently fantasizing about wearing clothes without an elastic waistband...I know it won't happen right away, but I can't wait to pull on a pair of jeans with a zipper!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment