Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rooooar!

Update for the week...

I'm still having Braxton Hicks contractions, but it is what it is. I did all of the tests (including a sonogram) that the Dr. prescribed and everything is as it should be. I'll see the Dr. again at the end of this week, and then we'll go to every 2 weeks. Not sure how many visits we'll do that, but if it's much more than a couple, we might be at the point where we'd be doing visits every two weeks anyway. I'm nearly 27 weeks along with Liv, and I can hardly believe it! No early babies, please!

We have done very little to prepare, though Morgen napped in her big girl bed (a mattress on the floor in her room) today. She was asleep in the car when we got home from the Austin Zoo (more in a moment), so we put her in the "bed." She slept pretty hard and made it for almost two hours (a normal nap). We'll see how she does tonight...

We looked at paint colors today. Melissa is our painting consultant, and we'd talked about a rose color, but when we actually looked at colors, we were not on the same page (or color wheel) when it came to what we meant. We're leaning towards a purple color in Morgen's new room, and a green in the nursery. I want to get paint samples this week and put them on the walls, so we can make a decision and get moving. We're starting to move the contents of the study (Morgen's room to be) into various other parts of the house a bit at a time, so it's all starting to feel real. We also ordered furniture for the room (bunk beds for the future), and it'll arrive in another 3-5 weeks. Why do I get the feeling that the next few months are going to fly by?

Morgen was under the weather (again) this week, or was it allergies? Either way, she was a royal pill. She was full of tantrums, screams, and various other unpleasant behavior. Thank goodness our sweetheart seems to have returned sometime yesterday (with only blips of the ugliness).

We've had a great weekend with visitors, family visits, and a trip to the Austin Zoo! Morgen and I went this morning while Daddy finished pulling together documents for our taxes. The zoo is a rescue and rehab facility, and my expectations were quite low, but I was pleasantly surprised. The price is nice ($8 for adults, under 2 free), and it doesn't require the full drive to San Antonio. It is, however, 24 miles from our house (about 35-40 minutes).

Morgen seems to enjoy herself but was scared of the gang of roaming peacocks. She roared at the big cats (not loudly) and said baaaa to the sheep and goats.

Here are a few pics:






No comments: