I'm so behind on blogging! It's been over a month, but I have notes, so I'll be posting about the last month over the next few days.
What is new with Morgen lately?
She thinks that anyone else laughing is hysterical and laughs longer and lounder than anyone around her.
She's getting her fifth tooth - she has two on top (not very close together) and two on bottom. The fifth is coming in on the bottom.
She's eating all sorts of new foods - cooked carrots, cooked green beans, tofu, any form of chicken
She seems to think that the freckles on my chest are removable and tries to pull them off about once a day.
She’s trying to climb things. She climbed up my body to get onto our big chair in the living room last week. While hysterical, it was also scary how quickly and easily she made it. A repeat attempt showed that her agility the first time might have been based on her adrenalin rush to obtain Mommy’s water bottle sitting just out of reach on said chair.
Morgen showed her drama queen tendency last week. I set her down and walked into the kitchen to fix food or something, and my tired baby girl started wailing and crawling to me. She had to stop once or twice to cry harder and when she made it to me, she pulled herself up and was only calmed when she realized that this new vantage point gave her access to a drawer that she had not been able to open previously. Tears dried, and I enjoyed a few moments of tear-free silence until she remembered that she was frantic and turned the water works on again. Ah, please don’t let this be an indication of the teen years to come!
She’s waving – sorta. It’s an arm flap and it’s mostly in response to others. She also tells you when she’s done eating. Though, you have to be aware of how much she’s eaten because sometimes the same motion means water. She may also have waved this morning as a request to eat. Perhaps she thinks waving just means “I’d like something to change, please.”
Her nap routine is changing a bit. We’ve been going to Stroller Fit off and on (2-3 times / week) for about 4 weeks now, and she’s to the point where her naps appear to be shifting to 10ish and 3ish give or take an hour. Not nearly as consistent as before, but I can generally predict the rest of the day’s timeline once the first nap starts. We’ve been putting her in the crib with a book or two recently, and it takes about 30 minutes for her to go to sleep that way. I love it! I get an extra 30 minutes to get things done, and she seems to be happy as can be. She usually crashes pretty hard and is sprawled across her loveys and books in the most awkward position. I’ll try to get a picture soon – I usually leave the diaper bag (with the camera) in the room, and I’m not willing to sneak in and risk a wake up.
More in a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment