Whew – I'm so behind on posting! Here's a super long post based on notes made over the last month.
Week of June 3
What a week! In the last week, Morgen has met many of the Wisconsin Lovaas' and has made big jumps in her ability to get from point A to point B.
Our trip (I won't call it a vacation until we can travel with Morgen and sleep until at least 7am most days. ;) started with a visit with Jon, Jill, Natalie, and Lukas. It was great to see them even for such a short time. It had been almost a year since our last visit, and it was really fun to see the kids "play" together.
Tim, Beth, and Audrey and Rich and Cathy arrived on Friday, and we all headed to Beloit. After checking in to the hotel, we said a brief hello to Grandma Marcie before the girls almost simultaneously melted down. Beth and I took them upstairs, got them fed, bathed and into bed just in time to enjoy room service and a little relaxation.
Saturday was Marcie's party, and we got to see lots o' Lovaas' and friends. After the party, we headed to New Glarus to Uncle Ron and Aunt Dee's house. I think we overwhelmed poor Ron – Dee had been out of town but luckily returned the night we arrived (so Ron didn't have to deal with 7 adults and 2 small children on his own). Their house is beautiful, and Ron refinished the basement since we visited last, giving all of the "kids" (Jeff and I with Morgen and Tim and Beth with Audrey) our own rooms.
Sunday brought Kari, Tony, and Evan and Ken, Carmen, and Kayla for Evan's birthday celebration. Talk about a full house! It was great fun to see all of the kids together, and I'll post some pictures in the next week or so.
On Monday, Tim, Beth, Audrey, Jeff, Morgen, and I went to Kari and Tony's house in Madison and spent the day with Kari, Evan, Tony, Carmen, and Kayla. It was an interesting exercise in nap management. At any given time we had at least one baby asleep (over the span of about 6 hours).
We relaxed over the next couple of days and fit in a quick jaunt to the mustard store, a dinner out in New Glarus, and many hours of watching the babies get into everything.
Tim, Beth, and Audrey headed home on Thursday, so we all headed back to Beloit. We spent a day at Marcie's before heading home ourselves. Morgen traveled pretty well, especially since we got an extra seat on the way home. She slept in her car seat for at least half of the flight.
Evidently, Wisconsin inspires babies to crawl. Last year, Audrey abandoned the commando crawl for a full speed, full body crawl and added pulling up to her repertoire. Morgen did the same (at about the same age) on this visit. Which brings us to…
Week of June 9
We spent most of this week recovering from traveling – laundry, getting back to our normal routine, sleep, and trying to figure out how to entertain Morgen with her new found love of crawling and pulling up. We received a hand me down play table that entertains Morgen for a good bit of her waking time. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Laura Ann!!!
Morgen seems to have become a toddler suddenly. When redirected from items that she shouldn't play with, she periodically responds with a full on frowny face followed by distraught crying. She's easily distracted, but what a surprise! We hadn't really seen the frowny face in months. Good thing she's so darn cute when she does that or it might get annoying. ;)
Morgen has been kind of a pill for a few days – not really eating, fussing more than normal, etc. Today I got to see why. Her top left tooth is coming in. We suspected as much, but it's good to have validation. And now I can give her Tylenol without wondering.
We just redid her room a bit to make it more crawler friendly. We put a bunch of connect-a-mats (A-Z, 0-9, and some pictures) down on the hard wood to make crawling easier on her knees, and moved the stereo and anything else with cords up where she can't get to them. More toys are available at her level, too. We're sitting in there now, and she's playing with her books (pulls them off the shelf and turns them all around – opening them, turning pages, dropping them, chewing on them of course!), and I'm sitting in the rocker typing. I'm digging this set up. She can't get to the computer and doesn't even seem to want to since she has enough to keep her interested.
Jeff babysat Friday night, and my mom and I went out for dinner at to see Sex in the City. It was a fun break, and I hadn't been to a movie in ages.
Father's Day weekend was nice. We went to visit my parents on Saturday and had a great visit (and a great meal!). Then Tim, Beth, and Audrey came over on Sunday, and Beth and I watched the girls while the guys went to a movie. Then we all went to Trudy's for dinner, and the girls did quite well. I had a margarita and was nearly under the table – so good and so potent!
Week of June 16
This week was pretty busy. We had Annie two days, so I was able to catch up on some errands.
I got back to the PT – things are looking pretty good with the foot, and I got to run on the treadmill with 40 pounds of "help," which means I was running at 40 pounds less than my weight. Sadly, I can't go there every time I want to run. We'll see how my foot responds in the following week, and if all is well, I'll get to run with 30 pounds of "help" next time. Then, my PT goes on vacation, so I may get to try running that week. Hooray!
I had some neighborhood moms and kiddos over for a big ol' playdate on Tuesday, and it was great fun to meet them and see the kids interact. I'm looking forward to the next one!
I also went to cousin Anita's house to play with her and Jax. She invited her neighbor, Jackie, whose boys Jackson and Grant are the same ages as Jax and Morgen. Again, it was really fun to see another baby that's the same age as Morgen and to see how they interact. J
Jeff went to a conference from Wednesday – Friday. With the playdates, Annie, and my mom visiting, it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't want to have him travel a ton, but we survived. My mom even came over on Friday, so I could go out with Melissa, Katie, and Ellen to see the Alter Boyz. Such a fun time! We went to Castle Hill for drinks and dessert afterward. I'm bummed that Castle Hill is closing, but I'm interested to see what the new restaurant – Corazon – is like.
Saturday was Melissa's baby shower, so Jeff got to catch up with Morgen after being gone, and I got some grown up time. We had a great, lazy family day on Sunday complete with brunch and a bit of the Green Home tour.
No comments:
Post a Comment