So, I'll post what I can when I can from now on. I used to wait for "time" to post. Now I'll just capture moments, as it appears that until Liv is in school, there will be no more "time." ;)
The girls remain entertaining to no end. Though, it's getting far easier to manage them alone for meals, baths, cooking projects, art projects, etc. Some of that is them becoming more adept, better listeners, and better able to communicate. A lot of it is me becoming more adept at handling toddlers who spill, drop, paint, color, and cut erratically.
Liv's words and her interest in talking to people other than close family members are growing daily. When she sees Morgen's teacher, Ms. Mansi, Liv wants to tell Mansi something ("I get haircut. I have owie. Arrrr, Maties!"). Ms. Mansi is very enthusiastic and kind.
Liv picks up anything Morgen says. From Morgen's songs and chants ("Engine, Engine number 9..." and "Oh, Susanna" are favorites) to phrases Morgen uses in both pleasant and less than pleasant ways ("Mommy, that's not 'nough!").
Liv also seems to be learning about consequences through her lovies. As we read stories and sang songs for rest/nap time today, Liv's puppy hit her ducky and had to go to timeout. Then there were hugs and kisses all around.
Morgen's language skills and drawing skills are increasing almost daily. I also think she grows almost weekly! She speaks a ton of Spanish and makes up songs often. She has started drawing figures and rainbows, and I can hardly wait to see what's next. Morgen continues to adore puzzles and pretend play, and often pulls Liv into the story, not that she could keep Liv away! The play quite well together with play dough, crayons or pencils, and blocks, though, there are often disputes about parity.
That's about it for now - I'm on the board for the parent association next year, so I've got to get a move on doing some research.
asl
No comments:
Post a Comment