Saturday, February 5, 2011

Toddlers on the loose!

Liv has spent the last couple of weeks becoming a full-on toddler.  She went to the gym this morning with Daddy, and our friend texted to let me know that she was having a ball in the childcare center.  She was wearing princess heals and didn't want to stop when my friend said "Hi." to her.  Just kept on prancing.  Woo hoo!!

She has used the little potty successfully once or more for most days this week!  I offer but don't push, and since she wants to be like big sister, we spend a decent amount of time in the bathroom.

The girls are sharing a room, and both are in twin beds.  I love having a playroom for them, as our living room may return to the land of adults (when we replace the furniture at some point, that is).  Right now, M goes to sleep in our bed, we take her to the potty around 9pm, and then she gets into her bed.  I hope to get them to go to sleep in their room together before summer, but it's not so bad right now.  M knows that she sleeps in her own bed, and doesn't try to come to ours later in the night - she can take up an entire queen bed with the way she moves and kicks, so she prefers to sleep alone anyway.

What else?  It snowed yesterday!  The girls were hysterical.  The would go outside on the patio (underdressed) and run to the snow, touch it, and run in to do a silly dance.  All this at 7am.  Woo hoo!  It was a long morning but fun.  Sadly, I was too lazy to take pics of my kids in inappropriate attire (PJs!) in sub-30 degree temps.  I don't need that to be documented.  Heh.

Must be off - I'm alone and online.  That's ridiculous!  I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day!

asl

No comments: