Well, night number two was pretty mellow, as was night number three. We put M down after Liv was pretty well settled in her crib, and that helped a lot both nights. There was still a little chatter, but they both calmed down and slept by 7:15pm or 7:30pm. Good thing since I was in bed by 8:30pm and asleep by 9:00pm both nights. M got up a couple of times night two but slept until 6:30am last night . Unfortunately, by going to bed so early, I woke at 5:45am both mornings. Ah, well. That's more sleep in 3 nights than I got all last week! Perhaps that's part of my feeling sluggish? ;)
So, we're going to be childfree tonight, and I'm hoping to have Liv's bed ready for the final stage tomorrow night. She's napping at grandma's right now, and I think she wanted to sleep in the bed. We've built up the big girl bed - perhaps a bit too much. Also, she's been taking her diaper off and saying pee-pee poo-poo. Until yesterday, that meant, there may be some waste in my diaper. Well, last night she took it off right after I put it on saying that dear phrase. Then she squatted. Oh, no, Miss Thing. We'd just read a potty book, and I told her that if she need to pee pee, she needed to let me put her diaper back on or go use the potty. She trotted to the bathroom and squeezed out the tiniest bit of pee pee ever. But she was pretty darn proud! I don't expect a ton of significant progress just yet, but I sure would looooove to be done with potty training! I expect it'll be another year, but sure sure wants to do whatever sister does!
These girls are amazing together - they fight and then giggle and cuddle. I'm not sure that Jeff will be able to survive the volume of the happy or angry sounds. I secretly love the fun screams - so much energy and excitement all the time.
That's all for now. More on Liv's move to the big bed in a couple of days.
Ta.
1 comment:
I imagine we will keep Cora in her crib until at least high school. She was super excited about using the big potty for about two weeks. Now she is back to not caring at all and we haven't pushed the issue. Maybe high school for that too.
Post a Comment