October is a blur, but Jeff went to ACL, and Halloween was super-cute. Our neighborhood has a party since it's not the most walkable option for tricker-treating. We went to see friends, and stayed for the costume contest and the pinata and called it a night after that.
Morgen's school held a Harvest Festival with costumes, yummy food (much of which was made by the kiddos), and a petting zoo! It was quite a hit.
Aunt Barbara was in town for Jax's birthday, when we got to spend some time with the Latham family. Morgen was a huge fan of the birthday party, as well as the birthday cake. :) She warmed up to cousin Gary by the next weekend, and now asks for him about once a week if someone says "Gary" or a word that sounds like it.
Audrey's birthday party was another big hit, and Morgen managed to hang with the big kids more or less through the Little Gym activities and was excited about the...surprise...birthday cake!
Another great activity was the Celtic Festival. Morgen loved the herding demonstrations, the music, and the dancing, and was a real trooper through the whole thing despite going beyond nap time. Liv managed to nap in the carrier and generally go with the flow.
We had Thanksgiving at Tim and Beth's with my parents and Jeff's. It was a great time, and the kids all slept at once for at least a bit. I ate a warm meal! And talked!
We visited my folks house that weekend, where Jeff, Liv and I took a nap in the living room while Morgen napped in the back. Thanks for the pic, Dad; perhaps I'll share that later.
Well, Morgen is funnier every day and has started repeating things that you say back to you, almost as though it's appropriate to do so to be polite in conversation. As I'm typing, I realize that could be due to the fact that I often repeat what she says to confirm that I understand her. Hmmm. Anyway, it sounds like she's trying the words / phrases on when she says them; it's super fun. Also, she just started with questions - what are you doing? and where is ? It's pretty neat so far (after a few days); I'm sure the novelty will wear off. ;)
Liv is sitting up when placed in the position but doesn't know how to get there on her own yet. She's also rolling back and forth and spinning on her tummy at will. A few minutes ago, I noticed that she was ooching backwards towards me, and she has started the drop a toy game. She also loves to get a fistful of Mommy or Morgen's hair, which doesn't go over so well with either of us.
Liv "talks" a lot and sleeps well (11ish hours / night). She's eating well after a brief hunger strike when she had Roseola last week.
We rejoined the Y and have been going fairly regularly; though M's and Liv's illnesses have been a bit of a challenge for me getting there over the last two weeks. Ah, well. Life with kiddos, yes?
Morgen was home the last two days with a rash, and we practiced wearing panties. We did pretty well (me reminding her and her telling me and making it), and she's definitely getting it. Last week, she chose panties in the afternoon and between waking and going to school more often than not, so it'll be fun to see when she decides on panties consistently. We're using training pants now but I'm going to get some true panties soon, so she can look forward to them. Honestly, the big sister book has been a huge help - the girl in the book is shares, helps, and wears panties, and Morgen wants to read it all the time. Works for me. :)
Okay, Liv is letting me know that I've gone well beyond quick, so now for the standard line about pictures in the near future...
Hugs,
asl
No comments:
Post a Comment