




Wow. So, I've joked about time going quickly since having children, but this is ridiculous!! Another month (nearly) has gone by, and I've thought about things I wanted to post here oodles of times. Let's see if I can remember a few.
First, Morgen's birthday was a hit and a hoot. We went to Evergreen Farms in Elgin and rode the "train" with Grandpa driving, went on a pumpkin hunt (mini pumpkins in Evergreen trees), and played tetherball (go figure). I have a few cute pics (see above) thanks to the grandparents since I managed to bring the camera without working batteries that day.
Then I managed to mess up my back (ribs out of place), so that's taken some time to heal. Luckily, I had a week to get into decent shape before heading to Wimberley for a girl weekend. It was great, and the gals all helped with Liv, so I felt like I got a bit of a break. Thanks to Elyse for some beautiful pics to commemorate the event - http://constanceelyse.com/
Liv is eating a ton of food! Purees, rice cereal, whole grain cereal, and yogurt. Our doc suggested loading her up as much as she'll take to get her to sleep more again. She's obsessed with food. If you're holding something, watch out!
Jeff and I had our first date out last weekend. Morgen was in Elgin, so I asked Kati (one of M's teachers at school) to watch Liv. Jeff and I had a dinner without getting up once. Really nice but it went waaay to fast. The next day, we went to cousin Jax's birthday party at a bouncy place in South Austin. Morgen is hooked!! She had a total ball and seems to have really come into her own when it comes to climbing. Liv tried to steal my birthday cake.
Birthdays are definitely making an impression on M now. We went to Whole Foods to meet the cousins for brunch last weekend, and I got M a small pancake from the breakfast bar. "My birthday cake!" she exclaimed. Hee hee. We made pancakes the morning of her breakfast and called them birthday pancakes. Tho, she certainly knows what cupcakes are, too. Our friends down the street had a first birthday for their little girl Tate, and M still lists the family members and talks about the birthday party (and "cakes") every time we drive by...that's usually 2-3 times / day. :)
She's picking up people's names and bigger words daily - it's amazing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment