Monday, September 28, 2009

It's 3 o'clock. Do you know where your nap is??

Dear Morgen and Liv,

I love you dearly. Now take a freakin' nap before I call CPS on myself!

Love,
Mommy Dearest

Whew. I'm feeling better than I was a half hour ago. Morgen had been up to go potty twice since the start of nap time (both productive visits), and it was past Liv's nap time. M is nearly asleep and Liv is doing the voice playing thing that she does when she's considering sleep. But she's in her room, and I'm out here, so that's just fine...well, mostly fine. It'll be just fine once both are asleep. I could have predicted this since Daddy has a meeting that will get him home right around bedtime.

So, I've been remiss in documenting some fun advances on the part of our smallest family member. Liv started rolling over last week - tummy to back - and continues to do so with decent frequency. She's also rolled from her back to her tummy at least twice in her crib. Look out world, here she comes!

With all that rolling came the swaddling weaning. It was much easier this time around. I think that's because we did it a month earlier and because I haven't really done any sleep training with Liv. Who doesn't go to sleep pretty well when cuddled?

Liv has also started brown rice cereal (thumbs up) and tried applesauce (eh), bananas (maybe), and sweet potatoes (yeah, baby!). When feeding her rice cereal the first couple of times, I used formula and made a pretty liquid mixture. I noticed Liv was lapping it up from the spoon and recalled hearing about cup training babies when I was researching what to do when you're baby thinks a bottle is a torture device. Over the weekend, I put some milk in the lid of a bottle, and she drank it. Nifty. We're going to keep working on that 'cause Momma needs a night out.

Morgen is officially a two year old. She continues to keep us in stitches. She's really adding to her vocabulary and to the length of sentence she can create - this weekend she even told me something along the lines of, "No, Mommy. Daddy do it." And she's starting to understand past tense. She told me that she used the potty at school today (which was true), and that her classmate did as well (I have no idea on that one.). Perhaps this potty training thing won't be quite as bad as I'd feared...

All for now - must eat before the children wake up!
Hugs to all.
asl

2 comments:

Tripp said...

unfortunately, my mommy can relate!

Unknown said...

Ok - your note is hilarious! Sometimes I catch myself going, "Dear God please help me love my children even though they are making me insane."