Thursday, September 25, 2008

One year!

Well, Morgen had her first birthday yesterday. It was generally uneventful, save the calls and cards congratulating her on surviving the first year with us as parents. ;)

In the last week, Morgen has started clapping, especially if I say "Good Job!" or similar. This often happens when she helps me guide a fork into her mouth (without first removing the food from it) or when playing our new favorite game - Please-close-the-cabinet. We're in the new house, and there are lots of cabinets to explore. We haven't put anything into them until we put those nifty/annoying childproof locks on them, so the fact that she's opening them isn't a big deal, but we'd rather avoid the habit. When she responds to a request to close the cabinet by actually closing it, I am very enthusiastic. Her response is to stand and clap. Tonight she stood, clapped and took FOUR steps! Very exciting.

She's also been saying "ball" (which sounds more like "baw") for a number of days. I guess that's her first word! Yes, she does say it when holding or looking at an actual ball, and this has been confirmed by folks who don't see her daily. :)

This comment has nothing to do with Morgen, but I have recycling envy. I was at my friend Ellen's house today, and the city was delivering trash can sized recycling bins. They were amazing. Our new street doesn't have recycling, despite the fact that the service is available two streets away. Something to work on when I have a little extra energy...like when Morgen is in college. Perhaps someone else will get on that in the mean time.

We see the doc for M's 12 month appt tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to all sorts of new info. I cannot believe she's practically a toddler. She's such a hoot.

More hootenany (sp?) later.

asl

No comments: