Well, no question about it - she's breech.
There is enough amniotic fluid to try the version, but after talking through the pros and cons of a version vs. a planned C-Section, we're leaning towards the C-Section.
Version (ECV)
- 60% success rate with 10% flipping back (net: 50% chance that she can be flipped, and we'll have a vaginal birth)
- Risk of emergency C-Section
- <1% chance of placenta issues which could result in the baby dying (This would be the clincher. )
Planned C-Section
- Same risk factors as with a vaginal birth
Even though the risks of the ECV are small, they're greater than the planned C-Section. Once the cardiologist weighs in, we'll make a final decision...
1 comment:
I hope you'll do your own research on the risks of c/s. It's not as great a way to have a baby as you might think. I had one of those perfect c/s recoveries, and now that I'm trying to have baby #2 I realize how screwed up my maternal care is because I succumbed to the c/s. If ECV carries a 1% risk (and again, according to whom), then it's no riskier than a c/s. Wouldn't you at least try this to avoid major abdominal surgery?
http://www.ican-online.org
childbirthconnection.org/index.asp
Post a Comment