Friday, July 30, 2010

Pictures from January...

So, I received a gentle nudge about pics and realized that I thought I'd caught up to May. Not so much. I didn't have any pics (aside from Liv's birthday celebration) for all of 2010. So, I've pulled together pics and videos from January to now, and am uploading them as I type. I'll post links by month.

January
http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1886733027/a=3472892027_3472892027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/


Liv is still sweet and funny, but she can scream like a banshee when she wants you to know that she doesn't like something. She's walking much more consistently (across the room but only when she's interested) and continues to climb anything and everything - M's bed, the sofa, all chairs, people, etc. M is so interested in pretend play that she doesn't understand that Liv doesn't get it yet. We're working on more ways for her to set things up so that Liv can "get" some of what she's playing with or so that Liv can't reach her .

M is amazing. She's sweet and funny and creative, and if she's tired, watch out and grab ear plugs. Today was rough, but her creativity is amazing. We moved her bedroom furniture, so she could see her desk - she has spent oodles of time there! She and Liv play well in there, though sharing is still a big, loud challenge. :) Morgen's speech improves daily, and she likes to help anyone with anything - acts of service and gifts are definitely big love languages.

Jeff brought a sweet bouquet of flowers home today, and the look of excitement was so pure that you'd have thought he brought an entire garden. She helps Mommy remember the small things matter, especially important when she wakes up, poops in her pull-up, and does her best to clean it up herself. Her process was dead on; implementation will require a bit more practice. Luckily, she did most of the work in the bathroom, so it wasn't too much of a mess. I have a hard time believing that I'll miss this part!

Today M was a joy and a pain in the tush. She asked permission to do all the things that she should, but if I asked her to do anything or not to do anything, she melted down. Perhaps it was the crazy heat!! She's super excited to start school in a few weeks, and I'm looking forward to having more energy for her and more focus for Liv. They play well a portion of the day, but I suspect that will increase when that portion is shorter.

Okay. Must rest. More pics throughout the weekend. Each month will have between 40-100, so be prepared...

Best, asl

No comments: